25 March 2012

GRILLED CROAKER N PLANTAIN!!!




Back home, I miss Friday night outs with friends. In this country, there is no break from work or school or business. Everybody is so busy making money. One gets back home knackered. So I try sooo much to make Fridays as lively as possible. Here is what I created last Friday.

Grilled croaker n plantain

Ingredients

 


Ginger
3 garlics
2 big onions - sliced
6 Peppers - sliced
Green paprika – cut into tiny strands
Knorr cubes
Plantain
Lemon
Olive
Thyme

Preparation

For the fish:


Grate the ginger and garlic into a small bowl; pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 cubes of knorr and thyme. Mix together with your fingers. Make three incisions on both sides the fish, then rub the mix on the skin and stuff some of the mix into the incisions. Sprinkle lemon on the skin, wrap with foil and marinade over night.
Grill the fish next day for 35 minutes 200 degrees.

For the pepper sauce




In a frying pot, pour in 3 tablespoons of olive oil allow heating. Add the onions, fry for about 3 minutes, and then add the pepper and a cube of knorr seasoning. Fry for another 3 mins. Add the paprika, fry for about 2 mins and turn off the gas.

For the Plantain

Peel off the back, slice and fry.

Serve with the fish and pepper sauce.




Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. Ah, you need to see the way I was drooling looking at these pictures. I LOVE Croaker so this recipe is calling my name. And who doesn't like plantain? One question though: What happened to the other fish? LOL! Nice presentation too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love croakier, made some this past weekend. I only wish it wasn't so expensive where I live. I love your take on it, I have to try the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lool@TRB. The other fish was already chilling in the stomach. hahaha. Thank you.

    @9jaFoodie, Thank you. it is expensive here too. Croaker is such a lovely fish, one just can't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love!!! Uzo

    ReplyDelete